Are you looking to take your ecommerce business to the next level? If so, then you need to pay attention to SEO. Search engine optimization can help you get your products and services in front of the right people, and the right ecommerce platform can make it easier to optimize your website. In this blog post, we’ll take a look at the best ecommerce platforms for SEO. Read on to find out which platform is right for you!
How to choose the best Ecommerce platform for SEO?
When it comes to running an ecommerce business, having a strong search engine optimization (SEO) strategy is essential for success. SEO helps to make sure that your website is visible to potential customers, and it can be a powerful way to increase your sales. But to get the most out of SEO, you need to make sure you’re using the right e-commerce platform. Here are some factors that you need to consider to choose the best e-commerce platform for your SEO needs.
- SEO features: Choosing the right platform is key to success. Make sure you select one that has all the SEO features you need to get your products in front of potential customers. It’s essential for your business to get the visibility it deserves.
- The ability to scale: Let’s important to select a platform that will help you reach your SEO goals and that can grow with you as your business expands.
- Price: The best e-commerce platform for SEO is the one that meets your needs and fits your budget.
- The ability to convert traffic: Once you’ve got people on your site, you’ll want to turn them into customers with pages that convert. Make sure the platform you pick has the features to make that happen.
Now, it’s time to discover a list of top-rated seo platform for e-commerce.
6 Best Ecommerce Platforms for SEO Ranking
Shopify is regarded as one of the top-notch platforms for e-commerce businesses of all sizes. Currently, over 4.36 websites are using Shopify. Since it comes with plenty of useful built-in SEO tools, such as the ability to add meta titles and descriptions, generate XML site maps, avoid duplicate content and abandoned cart recovery system, etc. Additionally, most Shopify themes are responsive, which means that your website looks perfect on any device.
Although Shopify doesn’t offer a lot of advanced SEO features, its support team is always willing to help you handle a lot of issues. Notably, there is a wide range of SEO apps available on the Shopify store, which help you further optimize your store for search engines. However, the disadvantage of Shopify is its transaction fees which can add up quickly.
- E-commerce automation features
- Out-of-the-box SEO tools
- Shopify Dropshipping available
- Provide multiple analytics tools
- 70+ storefront themes
- Free SSL certificate
- Abandoned cart recovery emails
- Customer segmentation options
- Automated email marketing workflows and templates
- Basic: $25/month
- Shopify: $65/month
- Advanced: $399/month
At present, if you own an online shop on the Shopify platform, it’s a good idea for you to boost your business by giving your shop an eye-catching, SEO-friendly, and highly customizable Shopify template. eComify is a Shopify template provider that offers a lot of Shopify templates in many different topics, you can check it out and find the best one for your shop.
It is obvious that Woocommerce is the go-to e-commerce platform for millions of online stores. This platform not only is easy to use, but it’s also great for SEO. There is a built-in sitemap feature that assists Google in indexing your products quickly. Additionally, it allows you to edit your title tags, meta descriptions, and URLs to target specific keywords.
WooCommerce is always being updated with new features and improvements that make it even better for SEO. Plus, you have the ability to integrate it with your existing WordPress site by utilizing the Woocommerce plugin. So if you’re ready to take your store to the next level, WooCommerce is the way to go!
- Flexible and open-source
Come with a library of extensions
A bunch of product variations and product bundle options
Compatible with a lot of free WordPress plugins and themes
Subscription options for digital product
Allow you to access to robots.txt file
Offer marketing options using Google Shopping, Facebook promotions and email marketing
Automatic sitemap generation
Built-in support for Google Rich Snippets
- Completely free to install, but you still need to pay for hosting a domain name, an SSL certificate and advanced extensions.
Bigcommerce which is the most e-commerce platform for SEO has been trusted by a lot of businesses to create an online store and manage their inventory, orders, payments, and more. It is packed with many powerful features for optimising SEO and improving your site’s ranking, such as meta tags, sitemaps, product recommendations, and abandoned cart recovery.
Moreover, it is viewed as the most reliable B2B and B2C e-commerce solution by IDC, Forrester. Bigcommerce also offers integrations with some prevalent SEO tools such as Google Analytics, and Google Search Console, so you and easily track your website’s performance and optimize your site for search engines.
Further, Bigcommerce offers a variety of SEO-friendly features that make it easier to get your website noticed. For example, it has an automated SEO tool that can help you optimize your website’s content for search engines.
To sum up, although Bigcommerce has more expensive prices than other e-commerce platforms, if you are looking for a highly-quality platform for SEO, then Bigcommerce is the perfect choice.
- A lot of built-in SEO features
- A highly customization platform
- Support a variety of third-party payment services
- Have a visual page builder
- Have a gallery of fully-customizable themes
- Automated in-store sales tracking with POS systems
- Automatic 301 redirects and URL rewrites
- Multi-storefront and cross-channel selling
- Standard: $29/month
- Plus: $79/month
- Pro: $299/month
- Enterprise: custom pricing
Squarespace is the perfect choice for e-commerce since it’s got all the features you need to get your online store up and running quickly and easily. You can add products in a flash, set up payment processing, and track your sales data.
Besides that, by using Squarespace, you not only sell physical products but also build businesses such as restaurants, salons, and clinics that allow you to make appointments or sell subscription-based services.
Plus, this platform comes with a lot of built-in SEO tools to assist you in optimizing your website for search engines. Last but not least, there are a wide array of stunning templates available, so you can take advantage of these templates to create a beautiful online store without touching code.
- A collection of plenty of templates for online stores
- Easy to customize and control
- Allow you to set up on-brand email campaigns and use social tools
- Offer complete customization with CSS and JaveScript
- Automatically generated SEO‑friendly pages with static URLs
- Provide advanced website tracking metrics
- A gallery of useful extentions
- Allow you to accept different payments form Stripe, Paypal, Credit cards
- Personal: $16/month
- Business: $23/month
- Commerce Basic: $26/month
- Commerce Advanced: $40/month
OpenCart is a great choice if you’re looking to create an SEO-friendly e-commerce store. Its Bootstrap framework provides you with a solid base to build on, and its comprehensive documentation makes it easy to get up and running quickly.
Additionally, OpenCart lets you customize almost every aspect of your website for SEO purposes, from the URL structure to title tags and meta descriptions. Opencart also offers a range of extensions that can help you optimize your store even further. These extensions include tools for keyword research, link building, and more.
In addition to its SEO-friendly features, Opencart also offers a range of other benefits. It is easy to customize and offers a wide range of themes and extensions. It also has a wide range of payment options, making it easy to accept payments from customers.
- 13000+ add-ons and themes
- Integrations with prevalent payment gateways and shipping methods
- Admin dashboard with user management
- Multi-store management
- Provide a lot of product variables additional options
- Have a built-in affiliate system
- Update and bulk edit products, categories, and more
- No monthly fees
Another great e-commerce platform for SEO is WIX. This is a familiar and reliable platform for many businesses. It allows you to design a stunning website and effectively optimize for search engines. Also, it gives you the ability to edit your website’s title and meta tags. There is a built-in keyword research tool that supports you in searching for the best keywords for your website.
In addition, you are able to create custom URLs for your site’s page and blogs. Thanks to that, you can boost your website’s SEO efficiently. It has a free plan that comes with unlimited storage and bandwidth, and many helpful features for optimizing your site for SEO.
- 500+ free professional online store templates
- Have a built-in keyword research tool
- Allow you to edit custom URLs, titles, and meta descriptions
- Subscription model for recurring revenue
- Include structured data markup
- Order management and fulfilment
- Come with abandoned cart recovery
- Business Basic: $17/month
- Business Unlimited: $25/month
- Business VIP: $35/month
Overall, the best e-commerce platforms for SEO are Shopify, BigCommerce, WooCommerce, Squarespace, Opencart and Wix. Each platform has its own unique features and capabilities that make it the ideal choice for SEO. Hopefully, you can choose the right platform to create a successful online website and maximize your SEO efforts.
Besides that, there is a wide range of stunning, free ecommerce WordPress Themes on our website. You can give them a look.