The new release of Joomla 3.9 for testing is here!
As we have known, Joomla 3.9 beta version has been officially released on 11th September 2018. And Joomla 3 is the latest Joomla main version with Joomla 3.9 – the tenth minor version which has been currently released. This newest version put the main concentration on implementing GDPR for Joomla sites. In today blog post, we will share with you some need-to-know update information as well as newest features which comes with Joomla 3.9. Let’s take a look!
The newest features and update information of Joomla 3.9
Joomla 3.9 brings to you with the newest updates which help you to make your site compliant with law GDPR, including:
- Collecting registered users consent
- Make the workflow related to your user requests works smoothly
- Offering extension with an API.
Developed with the main purpose to facilitate your site compliance, Joomla 3.9 has been equipped with a Privacy Tool Suite, then developers will be easier to make their extensions compliant with cookie regulations and laws such as GDPR.
How about Privacy Tool Suite extensions?
- The Privacy System
The Privacy system comes with capabilities and provides subsystems for making your site compliant with laws and regulations. Therefore, you can show a consent checkbox on your forms, and remove/export personal data, as well as you can check privacy relating to the extensions capabilities.
- The Action Logging System
It offers an infrastructure to make activity audit log perform on the Joomla site. Besides, you can review the log of action, purge or export the entries.
Especially, these amazing new features are also equipped with Joomla 3.9:
- Able to use Google Invisible reCAPTCHA
- Provide a new backend search feature which helps you find a specific article content
- Add a note to articles from the backend or filter them
- Provide 2 new custom fields options – a repeatable custom field and possibility to create alternative layouts
- Show tags in each language
- New frontend options: display the introduction or the full image in the newsflash module, or choosing to show only the articles of the specific author in the latest articles module
- Load a module into your article by using an ID
- and more.
Stable version release date
- Release Candidate of Joomla 3.9: 9th October
- The stable version of Joomla 3.9: 23rd October
A little notice that the above release date might be changed due to the Joomla volunteer availability or any other situations.
Notice of Joomla 3.9 Beta 3
Going from Joomla 3.8 to 3.9 is not a migration, it is just a 1 click upgrade, which will be the same with the later version of branch Joomla 3. Thus, it is NOT recommended to upgrade any production websites to the beta version, because it does not have upgrade path, and only for testing purpose.
That’s all for our blog post today. We hope this article is somehow helpful for you. Don’t forget to share with your friends if you think this post is necessary for them.
Thank you so much for reading. If you have any question, feel free to let us know by leaving a comment below, we will reply as soon as possible!
We’re a Digital Team from EngineTemplate with 5 content experts. Our team has 5 years exp in open source Joomla and WordPress, we make daily blogs and build useful resources for everyone who is having issues with open source while using it.